Oil & Gas: Land Rigs, Down-hole
Amphenol Industrial Products Group is a leading supplier of interconnect and value-add solutions to the Oil and Gas market. With the increase in world demand for oil and gas by-products, the technology used in the exploration and production processes has grown in sophistication.
With industry leading engineering, design and manufacturing expertise, Amphenol is the preferred supplier of harsh environment products for Land Drilling equipment.
Amphenol has offered the drilling and production industry a full range of product lines for more than 25 years. Our innovative designs offer solutions for power, signal, hybrid and high speed interconnect requirements.
Our IECEX certified products offer the industry state-of-the-art technology available with all the latest certifications.
Whether it’s high voltage, high amperage connectors for Top Drives and Traction Motors, Top Drive Service Loops, Drag Chains, Open Loops, Cable Assemblies, Over-Mold Assemblies, Custom Wire Harnesses, Amphenol Oil & Gas Technologies (AOGT) has the certified product to solve your toughest interconnect needs.
Land drilling rigs, due to their size, need to be modular in design for easy transport and set up from drill site to drill site. Amphenol-Pyle National Star-line Connectors have been used for the electrical portion of these rigs for over 40 years.
Our proven track record in supplying quality rugged electrical connectors has helped drilling contractors avoid costly downtime. Amphenol offers a complete range of interconnect products for the land drilling industry. For example, our Star-line connectors are industry-standard for top drive interconnects. Amphenol also offers a VFD-rated version of our single-pin Rig Power and a multi-pin VFD product that can be used with Star-line or Star-line EX hardware.
Our control insert configurations are used extensively in our Starline product, which is used extensively in land rigs for interconnects to key electrical components.
As a world leader in Oil & Gas connectors, Amphenol has developed a Downhole Solutions focus to better serve high temperature and high pressure applications.
Whilst already leading the way with its GE-Tensor compatible MWD connector and 240°C rated microDs, Amphenol is also planning to release high temperature rotatable connectors in numerous configurations soon. In addition, high pressure feed-through’s and bulkheads, as well as many other downhole and subsea configurations.
- Downhole Coax Hermetic – SMA feedthrough connectors, Stainless Steel 316L, Hard Gold Plated. Temp -65 Degrees C to 165 Degrees C, 15,000 psi
- Fibre Optic Downhole, to 200 Deg C, 5A per contact, 8 contacts layout, 1=piece contacts from ring to backend
- High Temp Micro-D 200 Deg C, KTK compatibility, up to 3A
- Hermetic, tailor-made capabilities, 6,000 PSI (400 Bars) – 55 Deg C to 250 Deg C, SS316, Inconel., etc
- KTK Kinetic type connector, 20,000 PSI (1379 Bar) 170-200 Dec C, Up to 600V, Cables & Pigtails available
- KTK Kinetic & Rotatable type connector (NEW) 30,000 PSI (2068 Bar) 10 contacts, 200 Dec C, 500V, 3A, Cables & Pigtails are available